Monday, February 25, 2013

I am beginning to wonder about the misgivings I had towards HO-ship when technically, it has not begun! (Well, at least till Wed)

I skipped TTSH training for a day of shadowing with Dr A, the outgoing HO whom I will be taking over. No doubt the expectations of a HO are huge, coupled with the slow-brainer and worker I've conditioned myself to be ever since I've stepped into Aussie-land (Dont get me wrong, I love beautiful Brissie and its ppl!), I am not going to survive without God's grace. I believe, that our gracious God will be present every step of it.

Thank God for an understanding team of Dr in the Cardio department. Got to meet the Consultant today and he was so welcoming and humble. Never met such a humble and giving man. Totally no airs abt him. Before I even introduced myself formally, he told me to "take your time to learn and get used to the system. It usually takes a few months for one to learn." So so grateful for the comment.

Did I mention that this consultant looks so young, in his early 30s I believe.

No wonder ppl say AH is a good starting point.
- smaller wards
- better working environment
- understanding Dr

Dr Low, our team reg, is so nice! Worked with her for 2 days and I've never seen her get angry before. She always wear a smile on her face. Though at times, I knew she could and should! be fuming, she chose not to make negative comments at all. Slow to criticise, but generous with words of encouragement.
But.. She's pregnant!! 9-months pregnant some more! I am gonna lose such a great reg whom I would love to work with. Cant imagine a better reg than her. She's awesome. And she's from Msia too! JB.. And she's plain awesome.. Good with her knowledge, pleasant to work with and joke with.. Mmm.. Great work etiquette.




No comments: