Friday, December 21, 2012

Doctor Loh!

Officially Doctor Loh!

The last hurdle.. final test of faith! Overcame!! God has helped me overcome!! PTL! Beyond the technicalities, the preparation, the diagnosis and management and even the lack of faith, God is still God - He is good and His love endures forever. ((:

Thank God for this 4-year journey, esp the final 2 years of stretching and moulding. Lord, you have been awesome!!

Nearing the final paper, the studies seemed like a breeze till I failed the final OSCE. The OSCE seemed simple enough to pass and I left the exam hall feeling jubilant. I even called my dad to remind him of my graduation date. I failed, but I had peace. It felt different. It must have been from God.

Preparing for the supplementary was not easy but God provided help from med friends, my mentor (who is a Doctor), prayers and encouragement from family and lifegroup mates.

I needed to pass this supp so badly. No mistake, I told myself. But the supp paper was tougher than the original OSCE. Everyone felt the same way, and most find it harder to pass it this time. One station proved too much - "First aid for snake bite and management".. Never come across it, inasmuch it is supposed to be common in Aussieland. The more you discuss and "debate" with your mates after the supp, the less assurance of passing.

But it didnt make sense -  the day before the supp exam, God prompted me to make some time on the management for "Placenta praevia" for OnG preparation. I even made a summarised version of it and read it the next day. True enough, it came out. Yet, why would God still want me to fail?

I had to depend on Proverbs 3:5-6 constantly.

Pass - I praise You.

Fail - I praise You.

And I passed!! To God be the glory!

No comments: